1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

broken v box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by WINTER 3, Jan 3, 2008.

1. WINTER 3

WINTER 3 Member
    from Vermont

Frozen junk under my sander came loose and destroyed part of my apron chain. I have no idea the make. I think about 3 foot of chain is junk. Is it as simple as removing the old chain and replacing ? Or does this sound sound too easy? If the sander was on 2x4s would this have been prevented?

2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

call j thomas and they will fax you a sheet for the dimensions of your spreader chain.

it is easier to replace the entire chain. take the box out of the truck and sit it on skids or whatever. remove the back sprinner shaft and chute - should be 4 bolts. cut chain with torch and pull old chain out. remove front conveyer shaft. feed chain from the front and loop it back to the front.reinstall shaft, attach connecting links, adjust chain length and reinstall back spinner shaft.

hope that helps.

3. madmaxxxx

madmaxxxx Member

4. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

we bolt ours to 6x6 it works pretty good good luck with the chain

5. WINTER 3

WINTER 3 Member
    from Vermont

Thank you for the replies. I think it is a flink sander. I can only get complete chains (too expensive for me). So I am going to make enough to fix. I am looking to get a new one next season so I don't want to put alot into this one.

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I was just going to suggest....if you change the whole can out...a little trick of the trade; Hook the end of the new chain to the end of the old, and just pull the other end of the old through.this will thread the new chain around easily. Piece of cake. :nod: