1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken truck frame on 04 3500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jason and jason, Jan 18, 2010.

1. jason and jason

jason and jason Junior Member

Has anyone ever run into a broken frame on 2004 one ton srw. I run a Boss 9-2 v and the truck only has 58000. It is used pretty hard but not abused. Can that frame get welded. The break is right behind the shocks on both sides.

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Gm, Dogde? I'd like to see a picture of that!

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Go to the top of the page and type "gussets" into the search box. Plenty of reading on the subject.

4. jason and jason

Hey thanks for the info. jason

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Gee I don't know sparky. I'll bet you $100 it's a GM. :drinkup:

6. jason and jason

It is a Chevy

7. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Chebbies been having problems with weak frames under their pick up's for decades- not just the HD's, quick search anywhere and you'll get bombarded with it, not good since us Ford guys are on the road with all of them;)

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

another reason to put gussets in guys. A simple $300 or less upgrade can save you thousands later! B&B dod you have any pics of where to gusset the ft diff mount?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not on hand but I'll take one the next time I get a chance.

10. vincent

vincent Senior Member

ditto on the pic of the diff. mount gussett.

11. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

R U plowing with a loaded sander on the back. Bad idea if ya are on any truck.

12. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

^ how do you expect any of these guys to make $ then? If they can't plow/salt with the same
    truck?

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

14. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

15. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

YUP!! had it happen on a 2007 1 ton dually. new frame was $4000 plus. Chevy needs to take the HD emblem off the doors. Dont be suprised.....its a chevy.

16. lilweeds

May I repeat, put the gussets in and it won't break. Your Fords will have all kinds of issues as well. They all do.

17. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Originally Posted by twgranger:
    YUP!! had it happen on a 2007 1 ton dually. new frame was $4000 plus. Chevy needs to take the HD emblem off the doors. Dont be suprised.....its a chevy.
    May I repeat, put the gussets in and it won't break. Your Fords will have all kinds of issues as well. They all do.
    [Reply] [!!]
    exactly! No truck is prefect, they all have their +'s and -'s. Seems like that always falls on deaf / unwilling ears

18. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

The new 2011 HDs are coming soon. Premiered at the Detroit auto show. New heavier frame and axle loads. I believe more hp from the Duramax motors also. Im hoping to get more info soon.

Chris

19. samjr

samjr Senior Member

20. lilweeds

They are the frame gussets, I want pics of the diff gussets.