1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken top motor bolts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by forwhlr989, Sep 26, 2012.

1. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

When trying to diagnose a motor problem, 2 of the top bolts that hold the motor snapped due to corrosion. Tried searching but couldnt really come up with anything. Any way to get these bolts out? Insta act mm2 straight blade pump. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Very common. Welded some sacrificial nuts to them and out they came. Made sure the manifold had no orings in it when doing this. Took about 4 or so tries and it was good to go.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just watch. Those housings are aluminum....melt real good under alotta heat. My westerns did this. I dielectric greased the motor to pump base and greased the small hole that's in the motor. Also taped and greased the bolt holes as well

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I do. Usually the heat from welding really helps get them out.

5. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

Thanks for the help. Gonna give it a shot this weekend

6. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

ok got the pump out and taken apart. Cant seem to find the end of the broken bolts to weld on to? I attached some pics. Any help would be great. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Finish taking the motor housing off. Also you must completly remove every component in the manifold

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea you still have the motor on there. That's gotta come off