1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken Tailgates

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GMC85MAN, Apr 18, 2000.

1. GMC85MAN

GMC85MAN Junior Member

Anyone out there fixed tailgate before? I recently broke one of the latches that locks on mine. It seems the only way to get to the internal components is to unweld the thing...then what get another from a scrap tard and do the same for the internal parts? Seems like it would work...anyone out there done this or have other ideas or places to get the parts?

2. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Sounds like a lot of work. Maybe just get a whole gate from the junk yard? Shouldn't be too hard to find, as long as you live somewhere that rust isn't too much of a problem.

3. robkel

robkel Junior Member

hey gmc man .... ck your e-mail

4. yortengel

yortengel Senior Member

There pretty easy to work on. Just on bolt the latch. undo the pull rod from the center handle and pull it out. EASY

5. ChucksChevyPages

ChucksChevyPages Guest

I actually have a page showing all the parts of a tailgate. i cut up a rusty spare I had, just to make the page. <br>:)<br>~Chuck<p>----------<br>Chuck's Chevy Truck Pages - Snowplowing Central<br>http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/snowplowingcentral.html