1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken Subframe

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Brad3403, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I've got a Sno-Way V-Plow and the subframe mount has broken. It happened last week and we took it in and welded it. Then plowed one more night and it broke again. I know I didn't hit any curbs to cause it to break. I'm wondering if the support isn't strong enough to lift a heavy wet snow while in the V position. Both of our last snowfalls have been that way. I also have a Lobo Sno-Way V-plow and just put a new subframe on it and after one night of plowing the subframe is bent again. My guy must have hit a curb but he denies it. Has anyone had problems like this? Has anyone re-inforced their subframe?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What model V? What Truck? When was the mount installed?

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a Lobo and in 4 years plowing have never bent any framework.

4. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

Hydro,
    I'm looking going to look at a 9ft Lobo V-plow tomorrow, the guy says it's a 1997 plow. Will this unit work ok on a 1/2 ton withTimbrens installed or should I upgrade to a 3/4-1ton pickup truck? Oh yeah he's asking $1,800 and it will need new cutting edges otherwise it's in good mechanical condition is this a fair price?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3/4 ton truck. Not a bad price.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Definatley use a 3/4 ton truck and put plenty of ballast in the bed.
    Price is high for this time of year. Offer $1500.
    Cutting edges are gonna be costly. I highly recommend getting a center steel cutting edge instead of the rubber one too.