1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken Snoway Again!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by dandavis, Nov 16, 2008.

1. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

Who knows how to get a snoway plow up if it doesn't turn on. Plow is 1 year old
    this the second time that it needs to go to dealer. Plow was unprofessionally installed and
    broke due to this and now broke again. I have never seen a brand new plow break so much!!!
    Dan

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Going to need some more information to try and help you out.

Plow model
    Serial #
    etc......

Does the plow do anything at all or is this just a lifting issue. Let us know as we are here to help where we can.

3. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

Plow is series 29 7.5ft, Serial # 557559, dealer fixed pinched controller line during installation
    and didn't fix properly so new connection got green and let me tell you that was not easy to figure out. Having similar symptoms, worked for a second to get on truck now controller is not lighting up, nothing working. Now on truck broken. What next ?

4. toby4492

So your control won't turn on, are you pushing the power and down pressure buttons at the same time?

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

what does this exactly mean?

6. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

yes and all connections are are connected properly. Tried switching controller from inside truck to right at plow, still no dice.

7. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

dealer did not do a good job installing it. Brand new truck, picked up after plow was installed and huge grease stain on seat, They left a big rag to cover it up. No one showed me how to use it, I had to find the truck myself, just a really bad experience with this plow all around. From treatment by dealer to performance of plow. Neat design but very frustrated.

8. toby4492

So the dealer did a poor install and pinched a wire, which one? Doesn't sound like a plow problem, nor a performance issue.

What wire did they pinch at the time of installation that needed repair? If they screwed this up on you why didn't you have them make it right and replace the harness that was damaged?

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the fuses under the pump cover.

10. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

I brought to a different snoway dealer that didn't install it and they fixed existing harness, did not replace. My definition of performance is how something works when needed and this thing has been broken alot. Leaking ram, line issue, now this. I have owned every plow in the industry almost and all of them have been very dependable This plow has had issues from day one and to date.

11. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

I mean they pinched the line in installation, repaired it. Repair was s!@#, within 2 months wires were green inside and lead to failure. In my book if something gets messed up in install you replace, not repair and if you do repair you make sure you do it right!

12. toby4492

This was the point I was trying to make with my post. Why didn't you take it back to the dealer that installed it and have them make it right? You still haven't mentioned which wires were damaged, the power harness or the control harness.

13. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

control harness

14. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I know the sno-way rep is a sponsor on here. you should get in touch with him

15. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Toby is the Sno Way rep :waving:

16. toby4492

Since you are looking to get it to a dealer and need it raised, jump the down valve to get the plow into float. Then you can jack it up and get your cylinder lock clamp on it so you can get it to the dealer. I would still recommend going to the original dealer that did the install and having them take care of the problem for you with a new control harness JMO

17. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

Checked the fuses they are good.

18. dandavis

dandavis Junior Member

Yeah uh I went and unhooked the power to it for like 20 minutes and it seemed to reset itself so it went up now. Thanks for responding so fast everyone. Here we go with one of these intermittent problems. The dealer is gonna think I'm crazy bringing in this plow again now working non the less.

19. Russ's Repair

Russ's Repair Junior Member
    from 02562

Should've bought a Fisher...Just Kidding good luck

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The control has an internal reset. You had something kick it over. It resets after a short period. Check to make sure you don't have wires shorting at one of your repaired connections