1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken RT3 Push Beam Hook

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by millsaps118, Feb 23, 2011.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Is my driver a hack or was the hook already cracked??? I don't know, what do you think? The other side is cracked & bent to the side now, but I"m wondering if this happened when the other side broke off and the plow unmounted.

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Get the welder out.

3. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe Member

I have an identical one like that laying in the shop, we stole the push beam of a retired truck and never got around to fixing the old one. It has not been a problem since, but I have a feeling it was from to mulch snow pile stacking creating reverse or up pressure on the hitch.

4. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

That was the first thing I thought about but, makes me wonder if the heat from welding is going to make it weaker in other areas and just break some where else.

3rd pic of the other hook still attached is cracked where the arch comes into the flat part. It's where the powder coat is blistered. It's also bent to the side so it makes me wonder how this is going to affect things.....

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

It's a common problem down here. We taper the mount and the ear and weld them back in place making sure that they are straight and sit level. Then we add a 1/4" X 1" strap to both sides welded all the way around. The heavy weights use a thicker piece to begin with and we seldom see this problem with them.

J