1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken Ram, Can u fix???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by uglytruk, Feb 22, 2007.

1. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

Broke my plow ram, can u fix???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I run a very old FISHER snow plow. I beat the sh*t out of it, and this is what the rams look like. I welded one end back on, and then the patch bashed the packing nut, even though there was about an 1/2 inch clearance. Or so I thought . When plowing, it recedes into the tube, and voila... Keerak...

Any ideas how to fix the rusted out end? I may try the machine shop downtown, make a few new ends, as it's a common prob...

Any body have any spare partz? I need a couple straps that run from the lower frame to the top. They're missing from one of my scrap yard gems...

2 21 07  Snow Barn 17  Broken Plow 001 (Small).jpg

2 21 07  Snow Barn 17  Broken Plow 005 (Small).jpg

2 21 07  Snow Barn 17  Broken Plow 008 (Small).jpg

2 21 07  Snow Barn 17  Broken Plow 009 (Small).jpg

2. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

don't waste your time go buy a new one Fisher part # 20117K list price under 100.00

3. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

I'm like a BIRD...

...cheap, cheap...

I have trouble buying things I need, Though I spend freely on things I want.
    Like the vintage SUN tach for my '63 Corvair... :dizzy:

1 23 07  SUN Tachs Gauges UF Wire 6.2 Start 019 (Medium).jpg

1 23 07  SUN Tachs Gauges UF Wire 6.2 Start 011.jpg

1 23 07  SUN Tachs Gauges UF Wire 6.2 Start 007.jpg

4. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Then I sugest you go find a shovel or pray it does not snow!

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I just threw away six cylinders that were better than what you are looking for a fix for, too bad I didn't see this three days ago!

I would post a WTB add here or on craigslist, I'm sure you will find someone who is looking to get rid of some old useable cylinders, for cheap, cheap!

Jay

6. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

7. uglytruk

uglytruk Member

tried to post these earlier...

...uploader died... still not working... just comes back empty, says "done" at the bottom... sheesh... :mad:

8. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Trying to fix that ram is like trying to fix a totaled truck.