1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken plug pin

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by cet, Oct 24, 2014.

1. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is it possible to fix a broken pin in the plow side plug?

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Temp fix screw, roll pin, may get you through. Keep lubed with fluid film, and keep plug zip tied together.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Best to just replace the harness. I found it online for $260 US, I bet it is $400 in Canada.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Plus GTS tax
    HST Tax
    PBS tax
    ABC tax
    French/Canadian language tax
    Letter "U" tax
    tymusic

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Same as in town....

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You sure go into town a lot

7. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

When I had my 810 I changed the truck and plow side over to a Boss 13 pin repair harness and power cable and never had another problem that was 11 years ago. My buddy now has the truck and plow and it's still going strong.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The gov't is nice enough to give business owner's the tax back.
    Ray, I have a Boss plow and I'm not to impressed with their plug. I've had 1 pin that looks like it is going to break from the first day.

9. fireside

fireside Senior Member

They make two different part numbers. One is a new harness and the other is a repair harness. You need the repair it's the samething minus a little stuff and is 90 cheaper! to answer your question drill out the plug and a roll pin work in a jam but no means anything long term.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  10. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Rememberwhat the repair harness part # was? I've been stocking the B62039 for years now. Can't remember a repair harness #. About the only thing there is to take out of B62039 is the switch and zip tie.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If it's like the last wiring harness I had to buy it is probably cheaper to buy the whole kit.

You can buy piece A for "X" or you can buy piece B that includes piece A for less money. How can anyone run a business like that.

Kubota sells a rim and tire cheaper then just the tire for their zero turns. :dizzy:

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If I had your money I'd just buy a new blade.

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I thought you used trucks to get coffee.

14. bliz&hinikerDLR

That is the game we as dealers have to play. Manufacturers and distributors often base pricing partly on quantity of items sold. We have a few briggs air filters that are cheaper to buy as a kit in a display pack rather than bulk packed for shop use. They are the filters that are most commonly sold over the counter so many many of the kits are produced. Same with this plow harness kit. Every PH1 plow gets one in its plow box so there are many more of the kits used than the replacement harness only. That is my experience.

15. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I will look tonight for the part number. I have two on the shelf. I have been using the replacement one for years. My dealer has piles of them on the shelf but he is the only original dealer left in the state.

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I went to the dealer today. $473.00 for the part and he didn't have 1 in stock. He didn't even have a solenoid.

17. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

If you just ordered the 1 online you'd have it by now....

I hated trying to get parts for my blizzard. It is worse in season when you need it.

18. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

As much as I dislike Kooy I bet they have 1 sitting on the shelf. Not only do dealers not want to stock items they then want to charge you the shipping to get it next day.

19. Wallace

Wallace Member

So we are supposed to pay the shipping out of our pockets? and sell you the product at 10% over our cost!
    Hmm...
    So you want a plowing contract? I have a self storage facility and equipment business laid out on a 4 acre parcell that needs to be plowed!
    Ill give you $100 to do it!
    Maybe if you bring 2 trucks you may have it done in a day!
    So you in???? Its CASH!!

20. bliz&hinikerDLR

Or maybe you could just build an inventory and stock the part ... wouldn't that be simpler? That is why there are preseason parts programs.