1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken pivot pins NO TORCH NO WELDER

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by KGRlandscapeing, Jan 11, 2010.

1. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

need ideas Its a meyer ST 7.5
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not familiar with Meyer plows, but aren't those just held in with cotter pins?
  3. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

No torch... no welder... good luck. Mine went out a couple years back and i had to grind the piece off on the blade that the pins are in b/c they where seized in there even after heat and a porta-power jack. My dealer had the right size pipe cut for this problem so I welded that back in place and put new pins in. I tried for hours with heat, sledges and porta-power and no dice. You might have better luck then me.
  4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

tight spot

no torch ,no welder, big hammer and long punch ,no go ! trip to welding shop or a new plow friend's shop .hate to be brutal !! payup
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Those are your only options!!!!
  6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Had to take it too a welding shop they fixd it all up and got it all back together. If i knew it was gonna be that cheap i would of just draggd it there yesterday. Thanks again for the advice
  7. rayzor32

rayzor32 Junior Member

Make sure you put gobs of never seize on the pins, when I had my meyer, I air chiseld them out and installed grease fittings.
  8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

go buy the tourch , and welder, soon you will find more uses for them than ever. dont know how i made by all those years with out one.....stupid part is ...all those repiar jobs that we spend hours and hours, blood , sweet and tears...all could have been saved with a tourch
  9. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

be sure you pump the new pins full of grease to prevent this from happening, and it wouldn't hurt to give them a shot of grease after you are done plowing for the storm