1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

broken pin on plow harness.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Onebadbowtie86, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

Hey Guys,
    I have a few year old boss rt3 8'2" poly vee that I am having an issue with.

One of the little pin's on the 13 pin harness on the plow side broke off. It seems its just for the left blinker, But I would like to fix this. Do I need to get a new wiring harness for the plow side? Please help!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's repair ends available Jason so there's no need to replace the entire plow side harness. Just need Boss p/n: MSC04754 and about 20 minutes of your time.
  3. Onebadbowtie86

Thank you very much B&B. Do you know of any where I can order one, and or prices? Thanks a bunch!
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A repair end would run you about $40 from ES.

Good people to deal with.
  5. Onebadbowtie86

Thanks so much B&B!!
  6. Whitey

Whitey Member

I just use stainless steel screws that are the same diameter as the pin, cut the head off and twist in with needle nose vice grips. my plow works fine with 4 of these pins. keep them greased.
  7. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

That is the best advice you'll ever get regarding any frequently used harness. I lube mine with Fluid Film. A quality dielectric grease works well too. You can get the Dielectric grease in disposable one use packages at the parts store, 99 cents or so. Well worth it.

If you can't get a pin and are in a pinch, the screw trick works very well.
  8. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I just ordered a new pigtail myself... I've been being very careful when connecting and disconnecting, but I know pin #13 has a limited lifespan on this one... I'll have to remember that screw trick.
  9. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

GTR Equipment in TC has them right in stock bought one for mine last yr talk to Jerry he will fix you right up.