1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken MM1 EZ V - Options?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bersh, Feb 1, 2014.

1. bersh

bersh Senior Member

My buddy has a broken MM1 EZ-V and he's curious to know what his options are to try and use the truck-side parts on his 96 GMC 2500.

The a-frame is broken and now tweaked/bent enough that it's probably not worth trying to fix. When it gave way it took out one of the hydraulic cylinders as well. Overall, prior to the frame breaking the plow had numerous issues including the blade being in really poor shape. He was trying to limp it through this winter and then do a refurb this summer on it, but given the current state he's now wondering what his best option is. We live in the UP of Michigan and we've had a really severe winter so far, and really we're only about half way through it so he's in need of something quick.

In shopping for used plows, there are a few MM1 EZ-V, but not too many. He doesn't want to spend the money on a brand new plow, so what are his options? I'm not sure if there are Westerns or straight blades that he could also be looking at that would work or if he's stuck getting new truck side parts as well.

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher made a limited run of 2 plug EZ-V's in the early stages,is this 2 plug or 3?He can look into straight blades MM1or2 and buy an adapter Part# 21792K around $50 and straight blade controll with no additional wiring if running the same number of plugs.This pertains to Fisher as the western mounts will be different though the wiring will be the same so if he has a lead on Western mounts for the truck then the same info applys to a western.This is for Ez-V's and straights and not the newer Multiplex Extreme V plow setups

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

If I remember right an old ezv will run a mm1 straight blade as long as it's the old 2 plug setup. That's the way ours were back in 99 or so? It could be that the company I worked for then had them set up that way though.

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

There was a member who put a new t-frame, oistons and wings from an XV (original, not XV2) on his old EZ-V headgear... I'd do that while they still have them if it was me. May be a little slow to lift but WTH...