1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken Mirror f250 04

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Quality1, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Quality1

Quality1 Member

Has anybody had to replace a heated telescoping mirror? I had a driver decide to break one while pulling out a loading dock. I'm told they are about 500 skins to replace. Anybody know where I can get one? Thanks
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

there is a guy on lawnsite selling a set for $400 right now.

Other than that I would check Ebay or the junkyard
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

If you have the one with the LED turn signals in them they are upwards of $600. The guy on Lawnsite.com might be the man to talk to; I believe he was asking $375??:confused:
  4. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

I've seen replacement mirrors on ebay using <buy it now> for $150.00 USD
  5. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

$600...Holy Smokes...I've got the heated telescoping mirrors with the turn signal in them. I didn't think they were THAT expensive. But I do love 'em.

At first, it took some getting used too, but now, I wouldn't want to live without them. Anyways, I'll keep my eyes open if I come across a cheap set.
  6. I just bought 2 mirrors, telescoping, turn signal, heated, and power off of Ebay for $232.00. They were used, but I upgraded from standard paddle mirrors.
  7. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

Search Ebay. I got a brand new OEM mirror for my '00 F-250 (telescoping, power, heated) for $80 plus shipping. Installation was a cake!

mirror installation
  8. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

firdude has a set for sale in the classified section of this site. I think he said they were brand new. Should be on the second page of classifieds by now.
  9. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

If you don't get wholesalers pricing at your local dealership, try this place. OEM FORD PARTS I used them a few years back and their prices were the lowest ones found online.

Just my .02¢
  10. Quality1

Quality1 Member

Thanks for all the advice! I still can't find the mirror I am looking for. I have found lots of telescoping, heated, power mirrors but I have yet to find a set or RH side that has all of this and the turn signal in them as well. Ebay and every other seach has not yielded anything . I'm about ready to go to autozone and put a mirror with tape on the back of it, on the broken frame. I'm thinking that might look real nice :) Any help finding one with a turn signal would be so appreciated. Thanks
  11. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

See page 2 in used equipment Firedude has a pair for 400 bucks
  12. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

www.powerstrokeshop.com has the oem ones for about $185 ea. If you want to check ebay look under "excursion mirrors" in ebay motors, there are a lot of them every day, but most are aftermarket. The $500 is about what powerstrokeshop.com wants for a complete set of mirrors with power, heat, and LED signal, including wiring to upgrade from the older style or paddle style mirrors.
  13. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Call the dealer tomorrow. Should cost around $230-$250 for the whole assembly. The glass runs around $80 if purchased seperately. Bigger dealers will have it in stock.

Installation will take about an hour outside, about 45 mins inside. Be careful not to drop the nuts into the window track.
  14. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

pbeering- do you know of powerstrokeshop.com? I ask because they are in Indy. They are affiliated with Wabash Ford. Real good people to deal with, if you walk into the parts counter ask for the internet sales. The guy is Chris, he will give you the internet discount over the counter. Otherwise you just get the normal price. Andy Mohr Ford(sp?) is good too for service, I had them do some service last summer on my truck, I was impressed, and that is saying a lot from me.
  15. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

pbeering--230-250 for a mirror from the dealer-power, heat, turn signal? What dealer?
  16. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

I know of and sometimes do business with the guys at Wabash, although my dealer is 5 minutes away and they are 45 minutes away downtown.

I replaced my mirror after a knucklehead hit it with his trencher while passing on a narrow road last spring. I remember being pleasantly surprised at the cost.

Pearson Ford 317-873-3333.