1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken mirror 02 F-250

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Snowaway, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Has anyone had to replace one before, It looks like it would be easy. It's not supposed to snow for a while, so I think I will do it myself. Any hints, advice?

It's an 02 F-250 Super Duty, passenger side, electric, manual telescoping tow mirror.:drinkup:

2. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Easy fix, i bought my replacements on ebay great price and very nice

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You will have to pull the whole door panel off, not just the triangle. Reason being b/c Ford decided to put the plug half way down the door rather than up closer to the pillar. Not a hard job, should be done in a half hour. I find it easiest to remove the speaker to get to the plug.

4. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Thanks I figured there would be something lame like that. Still not worth paying the ford guy to do it though.

5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

pop off the black piece(triangle) pull the door pannel, really easy 6 screws if i remember, then un screw the mirro pull it out and un plug it.
    reverse order and done.. very easy to do