1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

broken light wtf

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 50chevtrk, Feb 25, 2012.

1. 50chevtrk

50chevtrk Junior Member

I don't think this should happen ?
    either it was over tightened at the factory or a just a poor design.
    imho poor design. now i have two options jerry rig or buy new
    which sucks the dam thing is just over two years old
    ALL the mount tabs broke !!!!:realmad:

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you even try calling your dealer about it?
  3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Could have been something hitting it, people leaning on it too much, or most likely from pushing on the light to get the lift frame up to mount. Way too many options.

Anyways I would talk to the dealer and have them call snowdogg( or call yourself) to see if they would do a goodwill warranty on the lights.
  4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

i see way to fix it
    Looks like simple fix
    if dealer wont fix it and dont want buy a new one
    one way get some ducktape
    the other way is
    go to hardware store get some small pipe Thread inside of the pipe and then cut to length you need thread outside of pipe bolt it back on
    Nut will be on the outside of the cover
  5. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

I've broke many lights on my snowdogg plows but they usually break at the base when the plow trips and it springs back up. Snowdogg should offer a shock kit.
  6. 50chevtrk

50chevtrk Junior Member

this just happened last friday
  7. 50chevtrk

50chevtrk Junior Member

nows thats something i wouldn't do push on the light and i'm the only people that uses this

duck tape ? really, and yes i understand how to fix this with threaded couplers and threaded rod

there shock kit is a flat rubber washer about as thick as a nickel
    i showed my wife this [ she's been in plastic injection molding for 28 years ]
    anyways she said they used the wrong type of plastic for this application if you look
    at the pics close you can see the washer

i just think they should made it a little thicker at that base where the stud goes thru
  8. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

My guys usually brake them where that flat piece of metal is POP riveted to the plastic, I have never seen one break like this.... Usually the whole light will be hanging and just the metal part with the 2 studs will be left. I have about 10 of these broken lights in my garage and I only plow large flat commercial lots. It's really the only problem that I have with these plows and I own 7 of them.... Scott said they have a new type of plastic for the new ones i will be recieving.
  9. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

If you got duct tape and wire you can fix anything. :nod: At least temporarily.
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

U are right one thing I keep in every truck duck tape wireand hose clamp its a temporarily fix get you home
    Be like one time had tie rod joint came apart and took a hose clamp put around tie rod used the clamp to hold it on and used it like that till I got new one This was on one my tractors that use seed new lawns