1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken light tower

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by abbert55, Jan 24, 2008.

1. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

I was plowing with the new 860 this morning and as I stacked some snow... low and behold I noticed the light tower move forward about 2 inches. I didn't think much about it as I thought I was seeing things. However tonight as I was driving to a meeting, I turned the headlights on and both were pointed to the ground in front of me. I got out (stopped first) and was able to move the light tower forward and backwards on the quick pins. The pins at the bottom of the tower seem to be broken:cry: What caused this? did the plow frame make contact and shear them off? do we have the correct tower installed? I understand there is one for the 1/2 ton and another for the 3/4 ton trucks. Are the frame stops in the correct position? Has anyone had this problem besides me? I wasn't abusing the plow so wassup widdis?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Al

DSC_0629 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0628 (Medium).JPG

2. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Latest update

D&G Equipment made a follow up call Friday to see how everything was going with the new plow. I said I had an issue with the light tower and e-mailed the pics to them. They in turn contacted Blizzard and it seems they got the metal too hot when welding in the pins thereby crystallizing the metal. I just received a call from D&G and Blizzard will ship a new push beam on Monday. Once again, great service from both D&G and Blizzard
    :bluebounc

3. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

blizzard

glad you are having some luck whith dealers and blizzard themselfs i have a isue whith my mount it is bending talked to dealer he said definitly something wrong seems like to light of steele emailed pictures to blizzarad still havent heard a thing that was on jan 8 o well summer is comming

4. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Cecil,
    What truck & plow do you have? Which bracket is bending? Keep me posted as to proceedings.
    Thanx, Al

5. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

i have a 04 chevy avalanche and the truck mount is bending were the plow hits when you raise it or piling snow i already beefed it up twice aparantly there is a new one on the way i had sent pictures to blizzard and they said that the metal is not strong enough anyway until i get my new one i will have to watch what i am dooing it already has my bumper bent hope it gets here soon

6. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

check the post blizzard 760 for the pictures these are when it just started bending they are a lot wurs now

7. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Cecil, I saw the pix on the other thread. I'm sure Blizzard will make it right. See my post on the Broken light tower.

8. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

just recieved my new truck monnt from blizzard looks hope it is stronger material