1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

broken isarmatic mark III controller

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pashtrd, Feb 7, 2008.

1. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

I was out plowing our monster storm last night, and when i was just about ready to make my last push, i went to raise the plow, there was a jerk in the controller and nothing would work, it would not go up, down, left, or right. I took the controller apart, and found the plastic stud that the joystick pivots on was broken off at the bottom. Calling my local western dealer, he says he has the part for $23. I will be picking it up tonight, but my questions are: Is this common? should i be looking at something else that may be going bad? cables for example? The blade seems to raise up kind of slow, and sometimes when i go to raise it, nothing happens, i have to do it a couple times. Turning left is the same way.
  2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

for 23 youll be getting the whole guts for the controller so you should be good Id get the cable 2 your in there already so just change them.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  3. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

the $23 was just for the base of the controller, i replaced that, and now the left / right is working properly, but the up is very stiff. I will be replacing the cable tomorrow. Turns out a PO broke the stub off at some point and fixed it with a wood screw and epoxy. I am actually surprised it lasted as long as it did.
  4. lawnranger2005

lawnranger2005 Junior Member

broken nub in cable box

hey! I had the same problem on a weekend. no parts. So i drilled a female hole in each side of plastic epoxyed a cut nail in both sides nub fixed back to work. it also shorted out and melted the solenoid so replaced that. 1985 chevy THE BLACK SNOW BEAST. 1 BAD MUTHA. PEACE