1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken Housing on E-60...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by kah68, Oct 31, 2008.

1. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I have a 93' Dodge with an e-60 pump, the bottom housing broken at the mounting bolt. Problem is I just replaced the old 'broken' housing with this new one and it's broken again.

Anyone else having this issue? If so what did you do, or what should I look for?

2. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

is your lift arm bent cuz mine was torquing off to the side ever time i lifted so it broke. just my exp. i'd try checking it. my lift arm bent from one of the lift chains snapping on the previous owner and never replaced it.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's one possibility. The other common scenario is interference issue somewhere. For example the lift arm hitting the back of the moldboard during stacking maneuvers, applying a great deal of force on the pump mountings. The pumps can also hit the lift frame on the backside when things really get out of spec..

Look it over closely for witness marks. Check the rear of the moldboard for gouges from lift arm contact. Check the back side, as well as the underside of the pump for marks indicating it's contacting the lift frame. Also run the lift ram to the top and check clearances between the tank and sump base to the lift frame. Something will tell the tale.

Also be sure not to over tighten the mounting bolt and squeeze the mounting ear too tightly to the sides of the pump. You need some "float" for it to live.