1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken ground lug on E60 pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jes122, Jan 4, 2010.

1. jes122

jes122 Junior Member

I attempted to clean up the groung connection on my old E60, and the ground lug cracked in half!!! This unit only has the one ground connection to the pump, and not the motor itself. Anybody have any suggestions???

2. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I had the same thing happen to me last year. I took it to a electrical repair shop and they fixed it for about $50 bucks.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A good excuse to upgrade to a double stud motor. :nod:

4. jes122

jes122 Junior Member

I ended up welding a tab right to the side of the pump motor (on the lowest heat setting). Thats the only spot that is steel on the pump I could find. Was a bit of a gut check welding to the motor, but it worked for me and salvaged an old unit that I did not want to invest money in. Plow raises much faster with the improved ground.

5. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

The portion of the casting where the ground lug screws in is actually the same size as a battery terminal. When that happened to me, I cleaned the casting up and took a battery terminal that you cut the cable and slip a little into the terminal and tighten down. I then sprayed some terminal protector on and it worked fine like that for about 4 years.