1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken Exhaust Manifold Bolt, 19,000 mi, REALLY???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by t-sig, Apr 25, 2015.

1. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

The truck in my signature has a broken exhaust manifold bolt on the drivers side closest to the fire wall. I know GM's are known for this, but, it is a 2011 with 19,000 miles (I don't drive it much)... I had a 2000 k1500 with the 5.3 that did the same thing, at 8yrs old with 80,000 miles. My current truck is 4 yrs old with low mileage and this seems a bit ridiculous. Has anyone gotten any satisfaction out of GM for this? I'm sure it is out of warranty for anything other than power train.

2. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know if you will get any help from GM or not, but since that is part of the engine (drivetrain), it certainly wouldn't hurt to try. If that doesn't work, maybe claim emissions as it is part of the exhaust and that might get you some satisfaction. Either way, your not out anything but a little time if they say no.

3. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

I checked with the dealership and exhaust manifold leaks are covered under powertrain! I have 6 months left on that, so, this is great news. Hopefully the new bolts will last a little longer than the originals.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tony

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

See if you can get them to do both sides under warrenty.

5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Sadly, GM is not known for helping anyone but departing CEO's

6. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

They might still be covered under emissions too. I think that warranty is 8 years and 80,000 miles. That was on my 01 that I got fixed by the dealer in 04-05 under emissions and I had no other warranties left.

7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Just snap one off on the other side. If their rusty one will go.