1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

broken down 9' speedcast

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by paiken, Nov 1, 2015.

1. paiken

paiken Junior Member

How in the world does stuff get soo broken up? Last yr I bought an old gm set with 8' blade. The "H" beam was twisted like a pretzel; I couldn't heat it quite enough with torch to bring it back. I don't have a forge (yet). I made a new one out of 6" I beam.Don't 'spose that will bend under normal use.
    I bought a 9' blade a couple months ago, cheap, thank God. I understand how the ends are worn beyond recognition from curbs in parking lots. The cylinder attachments on the plow end are broken right out. (holes are actually broken)The front 1/2 is pushed through the plow. Closer inspection now that I am ready to repair, I find trip edge pin holes are broken away as well..:angry:
    How does all this happen?? Abuse, ya think?
    I have the fire wrench and big hot glue gun and ability. Any one wanna help?:help:

2. bran1har

bran1har Junior Member
    from CT

Sounds like some beat up salty Shi*. In CT ive come across decent speedcast blade and a frames for like $200 at the most and usually they just need paint, angle rams, hoses and all. Look around on craigslist.
  3. paiken

paiken Junior Member

That is where I found this 1 lol..:mechanic:
    I went after it , farmer pulled it out of his field with a loader. I gave it a once over, and it was in my trailer.
    Yeah it had no rams. I WILL prevail, just take me a few more minutes..