1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken Cutting Edge Enclosed Cannon trip spring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bac12476, Dec 23, 2009.

1. bac12476

bac12476 Junior Member
    from boston

I just bought a used 11 foot plow I think this plow was made from braun it is a one way wing style plow. It had a brand new 8" cutting edge on it. the guy selling it had bolted a rubber cutting edge between the blade and steel cutting edge. I quess as a shock absorber. Long story short 2 hours in and the cutting edge shattered half of it is gone it must of split down the bolt line . He was nice enough to give me another edge for free. This has a enclosed cannon trip spring does anyone have experience with these I dont think its working correctly when the edge shattered, the plow never tripped .

should I flip the steel and use the rubber or should i get rid of the rubber all together .

2. LON

LON Senior Member

rollers froze fast to the pins? I take it it is of the slotted trip style.
    Rubber edge was for getting a cleaner push not as a shock absorber although it does act as one.