1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken curbs everywhere ouch!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by russ130, Dec 30, 2008.

1. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

I feel sorry for the guy with the plowing contract for the Home Depot lot in Enfield, CT. There are so many brokens curbs he's gonna be there a few days with a crew fixing them all. Wonder if it tore up any of his snow removal equipment too.
  2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

broken curb stops or actually broke curbs? arnt they bolted into the ground?
  3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

The co. I work for usually spends about 2 or 3 weeks in the spring fixing curbs. Almost all the plowing it done with large loaders so most of the time you dont even feel them.
  4. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

No these are actual curbs. This lot is loaded with little useless islands all with curbs and from what I saw all with broken curbs.
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

They should have plenty of Mexicans standing around the Home Depot to fix up the curbs in the Spring.
  6. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

I've noticed the same yesturday at the car dealership lots, curbs ripped off like nothing, lying on a pile of dirt. and lets not forget about landscape. Oh well, I'm sure the snow plow company takes care of it at the end of the season.