1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken brush plate in motor?? Still ok?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by duramaxblade, Jan 29, 2009.

1. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

Ok, I looked through all related posts and found nothing. So here goes.
    I was just trying to swap motors. I took the old motor off and of course the brushes slipped off. So I pulled the cover off, and the plastic plate that holds the brushes is snapped in two places. I know that if i try hard enough I can put the pieces together and tighten the cap back on. My question is: If the plate is broken is it still ok to use. The motor has worked fine for a long time. I was only swapping it from my other plow. So I am think in that it will work with no problems, but I was wondering if anybody else has run into a problem like this. Any help or feedback would be helpful. Thanks.
  2. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

alright!!! I put the motor together and it works!!! so in case anyone else runs into this problem with the motor brush plate being cracked and wondering if it will still work. The answer is yes.
    Even though it does work, I am going to fix the broken stud in another motor I have just so I have an extra one in case.