1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken A Frame

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fatharley, Jan 23, 2011.

1. fatharley

fatharley Junior Member

Hi guys;
    I'm new to this forum so please bear with me. I've been in business for 5 years now though this is my 4th season for plowing. I've got a 2008 Blizzard 810. Recently, like yesterday I broke the a frame! Not sure how it happened, this is my second Blizzard 810. My question is how hard is it to bleed the air out of the hydraulic system if I decide to replace the a frame myself? The company I buy my plows from is an hour away & they don't stock many parts for the plows. ( go figure! ) They have to order the part & it's goung to take 3-5 days to get it. Luckily I have a second truck with a curtis sno-pro 3000. Thanks for any information you can give me.

2. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

First off where is the A frame broken. Any pics of the damage maybe can be fixed. Is it twisted or not you would be suprised what can and cant be repaired. Heck I see your from north west Pa how far from Erie are you stop and see Jerre I'm sure he can fix you up he prob has the A frame in stock. Also as far as bleeding hydraulic out I've changed quite a few hoses out never had any prob just work the plow some.

Bob :D :D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  3. fatharley

fatharley Junior Member

I'm about 2 hours from Erie. I've been hearing a lot about jerre, I'll call him tomorrow, thanks! Although they said that blizzard might warranty it since It's only a few months out of warranty.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Unless you bought your 2008 810 in 2010, I'm doubting it would be warrantied, but maybe your dealer can pull some strings...

At any rate, getting it fixed while getting some Erie mods would be worth far more than any warranty.

5. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

Just wondered how did things work out for you.

Bob :D :D :D

6. fatharley

fatharley Junior Member

Hey Bob:
    I still haven't received the part for my plow yet. I did take the old A frame off the plow & man is it messed up! It's broke in 5 different places! I'm very dissapointed in Blizzard right now. I think they may have cheapened them up since the last one I had. It was 5 years old & I never had any problems with it! I contacted Jerre in Erie, he didn't have the part I needed. I guess he could have modified the one he did have to make it work. It was $747. I do have another plow truck so I'm not totally down. But it sucks not having that Blizzard! I have an 03 2500hd with an 8' Curtis plow, it came with the truck. Standard straight blade, about like watching grass grow!

7. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

had the same thing happen to a customer yesterday center piviot where the bolt goes through wasnt welded correctly on the top of the a frame he kept using it and well now it is lets say scrap metal lol but trying to get warranty for it same issue not that old

8. damian

damian Senior Member

just did one 2 years old cracked everywhere it was welded,we warranteed it for the guy.blizzard is very interested in customer satisfaction from my experience.

9. fatharley

fatharley Junior Member

So I got my A frame the other day & installed it. I don't know if anybody else has replaced this yet, but the cut out in the plastic cover for the power hitch switch wasn't even close to lining up. They missed welding that bracket in place by an 1 1/4". I had to cut the cover to get the bolts to line up. I was talking to the guy at the dealership where I bought the plow & he was saying that Blizzard had got bought out by the company that also builds Fisher & Western plows, Douglas Ind. It may be like alot of companys that sell out. They may be cutting corners to make more profit, or worse yet sending it to Mexico! I haven't heard yet If theyr'e going to warranty it. That's when I'll decide if I'm going to continue to buy Blizzard or go for a Boss Plow.

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

That's like 5years ago!

11. fatharley

fatharley Junior Member

I know the first Blizzard I had was at least 5 years old & I did'nt have any problems with it, which is why I purchased another one.

12. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Has any of this been addressed with the current design?

13. fatharley

fatharley Junior Member

I don't have the old plow to compare it to, but they look the same. I just thought maybe they changed steel suppliers to cut costs. You guys are right about the cutting edges, I replaced mine last season & there about shot already & I do use the skid shoes which I know some people don't.

14. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Harley, again call Jerre He has the fix to keep the edges good, can most likely fix your old a frame, and do a few other mods that you'll love on the 810.

The new one are nothing like the old ones. The whole mounting system is different.