1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken A Frame/ New A Frame $500 Fix

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Burkartsplow, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Broke the A frame on my 8.5 meyer poly last saturday night. Good thing I had the back up 7.5 to get me through till monday when I could pick up the new one. Had to grind off all the bolts since they were rusted. Took a little time, but got er done. I hit a water meter in the ground and bent and snapped the old one real nice. You can see the bend and you can see the new A frame has extra reinforcement where the old one broke. Meyer beefed it up a little. Fixed it monday and runs like a champ again.

2 a frames.jpg

back view.jpg

bent a frame.jpg

bent frame.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

a few more. and in the last one you can see the extra steel and welds where the old one broke.

broke a frame.jpg

frame side.jpg

new reinforced frame.jpg

3. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

i see y the old one broke its the old style with out the reinforcement you shouldnt have that problem with the new one

4. I offer welding services if u run into these problems again I have repaired at least 3 a frames this year for friends, can do it for a lot less then a new one

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I see another Tom in the Ohio group. ( Bulldozer) LOL Nice job Aaron. Looks like the new one will be alot better.

6. Burkartsplow

Yeah it is better built. i am going to fab something up and see what I can do with the old one. It is bent pretty good. that was the best deal I could find, plus i could only find two a frames that weekend. People were breaking stuff all over the place. Craigslist is where i found it and picked it up at carnegie body. We got 4 to 5 last night and this morning.payup