1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken 2500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by FTGUprprtyMaint, Apr 26, 2008.

1. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

So i finally had to take my truck in for repair. At first the U joints in the front axels were making a lot of noise and clicking, then the oil pan rotted out and a tranny line started to get bad. Then im getting off the expressway i partially loose my pwr steering i pull into the gas station got some pwr steering fluid and went home dropped my trailer off with my mowers filled the fluid up again drove it straight down the street 2 miles to mymechanic andgot it in his garage. So the final work that he is doing on my truckwas both front u joints at the axel the oil pan transmission line and replacing the pwr steering gearbox. The gear box wont be in until monday and they can get my axels out with out the new gearbox for the u joints. Mean while landscaping fully has me booked for 3 weeks straight between lawns and landscape jobs. and NO BACK UP TRUCK

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

broke

man i hope he get's it done quick for you ,that maintenance thing just creep's up on you than bam it just seams like it hit's you all at once right at the wrong time ,when you have every thing breaking loose at the same time.good luck !:eek:

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure if you're just venting or looking for advice but if you need a work truck I would suggest checking out Penske truck rental. You can rent a box truck from them for very cheap. If you need to tow a trailer just ask for a unit that has a hitch and brake box.

4. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

just venting but i will keep that in mind. im suppose to get my truck back tomorrow afternoon so we will see what happens

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Darn that awful. Hope you get soon.

I work for guy now. He have 3 trucks for that. Most we use 1 truck to haul trailer. If truck stop work he use another one then fix this. They say 3 years ago with 1 truck it cause huge disaster why clutch on F350 gave up that got 3 day to fix it. So they hurried bought another f150. Now they not worry about truck stop work they use another one.

I agree with his I do feel safe if I have another car.