1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

broke wires at plug

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by steff503, Dec 18, 2013.

1. steff503

steff503 Junior Member

Every year it is something. I have a new used fisher plow minute mount for my Ford F350.
    I have broken wires at the plug on the control harness both on the plow side and truck side.
    I can get a new harness but I am unsure as to where the wires go inside the truck. Do we have a wiring diagram for inside the truck?
    Thanks

2. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Something else to maybe consider is getting a wire jumper kit. There's a lo of styles to choose from, but w/ the right kit you could build your own plugs. Easier, faster and less expensive than buying and reinstalling 2 new harnesses. Some of the plugs used in these kits are somewhat impressive and will give you a better weather tight connection, IMO.

3. alohazabel

alohazabel Member

should be same color.....

I just replaced the plugs on the truck side and plow side for my setup because I had broken wires.

The new plugs were expensive, but the wire colors on the new plugs all matched up with the wiring for the old plugs, and they had shrinkable butt connectors already attached.