1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

broke two pins on two plows

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vwovw, Mar 5, 2007.

1. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

i broke one of the lower pins on my wifes truck. $11.00 plus tax no bad
    now i broke the center upper long pin on my v blade. dealer isn't open yet. so any dealers here want to sell one? how much shipped to 50312. credit card or pay pal?
    its the second time i've broke the pin on my v blade at the same spot. right where they have the pin drilled. then pushed a smaller pin through. to stop pin from coming out.

2. DJC

DJC Senior Member

what did you hit to brake one????? I have never in my several years of plowing:)

3. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

well i might have just lost one. but the big one for my v.....i dunno:rolleyes: it snows:D like crazy here in Des Moines.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

hey vw.... come up to north iowa. we have close to 2' on the ground. i still havent had a chance to put the new cutting edges on yet. will probabily wait till next year now. never lost or broke the center pin on my V. can you get a hardened rod and make your own?

5. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I guess that I am not familliar with the 3 pin mount, but are'nt they just a hardened hitch pin like you would buy at oreschlein's or Tractor Supply???

6. they should be. I can get pins at my local hardware store.

7. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Have them look in their book to verify that the pins are hardened. The one's I am running look just like the Sno Way pins except they are bright orange and only cost $1.75. If you get the ones that aren't hardened they last about 10 min (don't ask how I found this out, but it was messy).