1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broke the plastic Top !!!

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Stan MI, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

Lifted the plow up and stepped out of the truck to knock the snow off the front of the plow and check thing out before heading down the road. The Orange plastic top to the hydraulics was cracked by the snow between the frame and the top.

Am I the only one that has had this happen or are there others??? If so is there a fix ????

Thanks in advance !!

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

hmmmm never had that problem with mine, its about 4 seasons old.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Yup

There's a fix, it takes around sixty bucks!

Buy a new one! Curtis' Factory Stores has these stacked up on the shelf like most plow dealers have hoses! call them they' ll ship one to you! 1866 766 7609

I just had to purchase one for a plow I was selling nearly fell over at the price!

Good Luck

Jay

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im gonna measure mine see if i can get someone to fab mine out staniless steel

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Condensation issue

Hi

I was going to make one out of Aluminum but was advised not to!

The metal will conduct the cold from the top side and the pump heat will cause condensation to form on the underside of the cover, then drip onto the pump and cause water issues and corrosion to pump and electrical system.

I bit the bullet and bought anothr plastic one.

Jay

6. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

Thanks all for the responses !!! Glad to see I'm not the only one this happened to. Wonder if the Blizzard users have the same problem (Isn't there set up similar) ?