1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broke Snow Catcher bolt off

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Camden, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I broke one of the bolts off that holds the snow catcher onto my 9'2" Boss V. Have any of you dealt with this before? Were you able to use an easy-out or did you have to drill it out and re-tap?

I only looked at it for about 20 seconds this morning but it doesn't look like it's going to come out easy...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can try the easy-out but if it's really rusty and corroded in the threads then you'll probably have to drill it and re tap the threads.I like to use left handed drill bit as sometimes the bit will grab the bolt and turn it right out with no future work.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have difficulty finding left handed drill bits, I get mine here........My tool store

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have never got to get an easy out to work on anything. Unless the bolt was put in with some antiseize or thread sealer you out of luck.

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks guys! I like the left handed drill bit idea...sad to say but that never crossed my mind. I'm going to get it fixed this weekend and then tuck it away for the summer.