1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broke off bolt in valve manifold

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by smelb1, Mar 26, 2011.

1. smelb1

smelb1 Junior Member

I have a fisher MM2 8' plow with a insta-act pump. when i tried to take to 2 bolts off that hold the pump to the frame one of them was corroded in the valve manifold and broke off. Does anyone know the easiest way to get that bolt out with out damaging the valve manifold. Another problem that i am having is with lifting. the plow's relief valve was set at 2 1/2 turns out. it was going up half way easy then working really hard to get the rest of the way up. it takes about 4 seconds to angle from on side to the other side.

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

You could try an easy out. The valve body is aluminum so you could use a little bit of heat, the aluminum will expand faster than the steel and hopefully loosen it up. Some penetrating oil will help to.

3. smelb1

smelb1 Junior Member

ok thanks i will try some heat and try to get it out. i have to take the pump off the frame so it is easy to work with. do you think map gas would be to much heat for it. i have been soaking it in PB Blaster for a few days now.

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

You will still probably need an easy out but the heat will help. Make sure you have all the orings out or they may melt. I think map gas would be fine. I wouldn't get crazy with the heat. Being it is aluminum the heat will spread very quickly.

5. smelb1

smelb1 Junior Member

is there o rings in the spots that have the allen head screws. i think there is 3 of them on the sides.

6. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I am not sure. I deal more with westerns. Not sure but does fischers website have a parts breakdown or an exploded view because I am sure that would tell you.

7. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

easy out should work. You can get a cheap set at lowes for under 20

8. smelb1

smelb1 Junior Member

it is only a 1/4 bolt with no threads on the part that is stuck in the valve. i think i would end up breaking off the small easy out.