1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broke my super V on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by v-plower, Feb 15, 2008.

1. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

Just broke my new super -V
    The weld broke on the bracket that holds one of the springs on.
    The thing broke right off. The weld was pretty crappy so grinding it down and re welding it on tomorrow.
    Other than the controllers totally sucking I really like the plow. First non controller problem I have had and not a terribly hard fix.Glad it happened when I was just about finished for the day.

I told a friend of mine to buy the same plow and his wing broke on wednesday. he is bringing it in tomorrow as it is only like 1.5 weeks old.

2. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

V-plower where did you get your super V from.None of the dealers up here dont even know what it is. how better is it compared to fisher.like stacking and scraping.and what type of mount is it i have the ezmount plus on my two diamonds and want to make sure i wont have to buy new mounts.

Mike

3. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

Actually I am only like 2 hours from Portland Maine.
    I got it from Springfield Auto and Truck in Springfield Ma.

I have a 9' fisher and a 8' fisher and the V scrapes better.
    My friend has a few 9'6" extreme V's but got the meyer super v for his 2500 HD and he said it trips too easily but he hasnt tightened the springs yet. Mine scrapes fine.

It is the ex mount plus mounting system.

2 of the guys I plow with have diamonds and they seem to hold up well. I only bought the meyere because I wanted a V plow and it was $1k less than the fisher and the place that sold it to me is incredible with service. Open 24 hrs during storms and I buy a lot of other stuff from him.

Shop it up there. i would be shocked if the meyer/diamond dealsers up there dont have them. he sold a lot of them down here in this area.
    Get prices and I bet my guy will take care of you and it is well worth the drive.

John

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Sometimes dealers just choose not to stock certain things and then make that claim. A local Fisher dealer would not stock V''s. "Too many moving parts" he said. You could order one but it was more because of shipping etc. He also did not stock LD Fishers

I really think if you are a dealer you should have to have the whole line available not just 8ft plows.

5. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  6. TazLandscapes

thanks alot V-plower for the video and the info.i will probably make the trek down that way either this summer or fall and pick one up.I have a dealer thats 5 minutes from my house he sells diamonds/curtis/western plows.i have already tried to geta price from him on the super V and he keeps telling me that the orange plow is a better V plow.And the dealer that i got my 2 diamond from About 1 hour drive said he couldnt gaurantee me the super V.So i have two choices Fisher or diamond and i am leaning towards the diamond.

Thanks
    Mike

7. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

The fisher V is nice.
    If you decide to buy the super v definitely wait for the "Big E" which is a huge 17 day fair here in West Springfield.
    There are 3 dealers there one of which is springfield auto and truck. There are ridiculously good deals at the fair. That's when I ordered mine.
    Also the 2 hour trip will be worth it as you can spend the day at the fair.

8. TazLandscapes

V-plower when is this fair gonna happen.

Mike

9. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

It's September 12 - 28

http://www.thebige.com

Not sure who will be there for bands/singers but usually a pretty good line up.
    Last year Chris Daughtry I think was the biggest concert during the fair.

10. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Hey v-plower, I see you've had the Super V for a while now ... how is it holding up for you? Any re-occuring problems? Anything you really dislike or would like changed? Any clearance issues at the pivot point on the A frame?
    tia

11. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

The controllers had bugs but they have worked those out. New controllers work fine.
    There was a problem with the welds on some of the plows. The wings on mine started to break but they were covered by the warranty so I received 2 new wings last year.
    I have no other mechanical problems. The clearance is fine. I plow some places with granite curbs and I don't have a problem.

Only thing I would change:
    *Location of the jack. Its not anything major but I just don't like its positioning

12. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Meyers=Problems!

13. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Thanks for the reply ... I finally got to see a few new Super V2s in person and I was impressed with what I saw. It was a tough looking plow ... though heavy also. I ended up going with a Boss VXT 9'2" poly because of the ground clearance advantage but I really liked the Super V2.
    good luck