1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broke my sno-way spreader handle today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AAA SnowRemoval, Feb 16, 2010.

1. AAA SnowRemoval

AAA SnowRemoval Junior Member

I have a older tailgate snoway spreader that I broke the handle off by backing up against a small snow bank, the handle is still there but broke in the middle where it turns, my question is where can I find a replacement handle, is it hard to replace and the big question is there something I can do to make it work wide open intil I replace it, it only sprays about a foot out. thx

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Weld it! Back together

3. AAA SnowRemoval

AAA SnowRemoval Junior Member

its plastic

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

5. tilawn

tilawn Member

I have 3 of these spreaders and on 2 of them the 2 handles worked completely loose and would shut the hopper throat of completly. I have modified 2 of mine now and love it all I did was break those 2 pieces of plastic, and removed them completely now it is the full opening and spreads alot better. The only kicker is you have to drive alot faster as it is coming out alot quicker.

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

You can weld plastic. You just need a plastic welder

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We stock the handles call Kim between 8-3 EST 888.448.2464

8. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Ditto. I even took mine off of the third.