1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

broke my intensifires

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by serafii, Nov 14, 2010.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Like the title says, I broke my intensifires. I'm in the process of painting my mm2 and I wanted to take the lights off. One bolt on the driver side snapped last year. So I tried unbolting the only one left and it loosened half way then the nut jammed n now the bolt and nut turn together. And the same thing on passenger side. I was able to take one bolt off, but the other got jammed and know turns freely.

I lubes them with wd40 everyday for a few days prior to attempting to take them off.
    Has this happened to anyone?
    Anything I can do other than spending 400$ on new ones?

2. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

This happens . All I can say is use anti-seize next time

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

grind off the rivets on the bottom of the lights where the bolts are and put carrige bolts in bolt it together if works just fine done it to all mine

4. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Morrissey thanks for the tip. I'm guessing I put the mounting plates back with new rivets?

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

u can or u can use small stainless bolts like i did in case u have to do it again cheap quick fix

6. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Smart idea for the fix morrissey. Would u mind snapping a pic of urs?