1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broke my first part

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by asphaltwarrior1, Mar 6, 2015.

1. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

Yep it's true broke the first part on the Durango. Tore the left side freakin fender flare off..lol That is all back to plowing..

2. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Ouch, must be a Durango thing. I got the P0440 Check Engine light error last night as I pulled into the driveway.

Evaporative Emissions System error. Going to have to check the hoses to see if one of them lost vacuum and might be cracked.

3. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

Check the gas cap seal and reset the codes. Could be just that and it's the easiest to check. Yep it's a Durango/Dakota thing lol It's what I get for plowing close to 20+ inches of snow in a driveway that aint been plowed for 3 storms easy lol

4. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

Update on my stuff ... dealer took care of the Check Engine light. might have been the gas cap but my OBD-II scanner couldn't clear the codes for some reason. I did find out I had rotted out bump stops which explains the hard 'bottoming out' feeling which I need to order some new parts for it soon.

How did you make out with your repairs? Were the wheel flares salvageable?

5. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

I never did repair it.lol Still going strong and no issues with plowing what so ever.

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Your lucky thats all you broke

7. bazjeepers

bazjeepers Member

How did you do with the snow this past weekend? I got to plowing with it quite a bit. Really like the way the Durango handles the plow. Just have to remember to put some more weight on the rear axle. I will definitely think about getting a wider plow. Too bad they don't offer a V-plow option.