1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

broke frame mount for front end

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snowman55, Jan 25, 2013.

1. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone else have this happen? Just had to repair the mount for the front diff on the drivers side. tore away from the frame. this is on a 2006 3500 cab chassis. I have had to repair this bracket on 5 of my chevs now. An 02, 2-04's, 05 and now an 06 with 50,000 miles on it.

I have seen the posts about the frame braking by the A arm mount but not the diff mount.

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

You have any pictures?

3. Dr_Goodwrench66

Dr_Goodwrench66 Member

Here ya go. A frame swap I did a few years back. This is looking at it from the front of the truck.

diff mount.jpg

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Notice the lack of weld and penetration? That is why they break loose. I've mentioned several times over the years about adding a triangle gusset on the front side of the bracket (as it can be done with the truck assembled) to prevent it.

5. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

I have done this to mine as preventative maintenance and it so far has worked wonders!