1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broke e47 poly?? Weird?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by welj31, Feb 23, 2009.

1. welj31

welj31 Member

While plowing today I hear a lod "pop". I got out and found the point on the plow blade where it pivots had broke. Looks like the bolt it pivots on pulled right through the metal and tore out the hole the bolt goes in. When I got it home I could see there had been a repair to this area before. They had welded a thicker pice of steel under and redrilled hole. This is about a 1/8 thick pice and it ripped again. I can cut the old repair out and replace it, but what is causing this?? It broke when i was pushing foward,but the rip looks like it happened when I was back blading? Anyone had this problem? Anyway to stop it from happening again? Thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If they patched it with 1/8" it's no wonder it didn't hold. Cut it off/clean it up and get a thicker piece in there. If the nose plates are really bad just cut them off and start from scratch.

The tear is normal (for a Meyer), they all do it at some point if the sector isn't removed and the pivot hole inspected for wear from time to time...

And yes the pivot hole wears toward the front of the nose plate...since thats the direction the blade is being pushed in the center when it's angled and a snow load is against the outer angled portion.