1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broke Down

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NCat496, Feb 6, 2010.

1. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Just getting ready to go bed before I go out and I look out the window to still make sure it was snowing, haha. I see my neighbor having trouble getting up her drive so I go out there and plow the drive for her. Well while doing my drive I heard a loud pop when I turned and the ABS is on constantly even with the truck in park and no feet on the breaks you can hear the pedal pulsating. Im assuming it has to do with the power steering/ hydro boost system. When I hit the gas you can hear a rattle out of the power steering pulley. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? The truck is not drivable but luckily I have a backup ready to go at all times. By the way its a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD.

2. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

sounds like your on the right track... having to do with the pump and brake boost system... you could have the abs code scanned and see whats goin on at a local autozone or something most of the time

3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

It always happens when ya need it. It's always something ain't it? I feel for ya and know how ya feel.

4. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Your right, then within a half hour of being in my backup truck the plow quit on my. I missed out on a lot of good money last night, kinds still irritated thinkin about it.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

And its always right when doing a good deed for someone else! Would that still be under warranty for you?

6. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Yeah its under warranty, they replaced the power steering pump today and it did not fix the problem then the techs leave early on saturdays so they will figure it out monday I guess. And of course the guys I plow with have fords so I got my balls busted all night. But at least I wont have to put any money in my front end this spring like they will.

7. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

You have 5 trucks listed in your sig. It looks like you have quite a few backups.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  8. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Dang meyers plows :angry: nothing but trouble

9. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

4 of them are dedicated to a route, so I only have one backup.

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Did you try pulling the ABS fuse to disable the system temporarily?