1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broke a plow line

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by z71plowguy, Jan 15, 2009.

1. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

SO PISSED I JUST REPLACED THE 2 LINES TO THE TURNING PISTONS AND I RAISED THE PLOW TO GO TO SCHOOL AND I GOT TO SCHOOL AND LOOKED TO CHECK FOR ANY LEAKS AND FOUND A PUDDLE UNDER THE RIGHT PISTON IT LOOKS LIKE THE LINE GOT CRUSHED WHERE IT SCREWS INTO THE PISTON :realmad:

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Bummer. Installation error?
    I assume you kept the old ones as spares.

3. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

The bracket on the side of the A-frame that holds the angle ram by way of a 5/8 bolt is probably worn, or the bolt itself is bent or worn from wear and tear. This allows the ram to move just enough where the top piece of angle iron will strike the threads right where they attach to the cylinder(ram). Take it apart, and see if it's the bolt that's worn, or the bracket on the A-frame. If the 5/8" hole in the bracket is bigger than 5/8, you'll need to grind a bit of the bracket away so it won't strike the threads of the hose. This applies only to rams that have the 1/4" hole on the top. If your ram has the hole on the side, your problem lies elsewhere. :salute:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009