1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broadcast salt spreader for my Brute Force 750

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by LR3, Aug 5, 2012.

1. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

I'm looking to add one to my ATV this winter. Any recommendations?
  2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

I would just buy a regular broadcast spreader to walk behind because the ones for atvs are big and cumbersome and hard to look over and see behind. If not just google and YouTube search it.
    You can also use ones meant for lawn tractors they work well.
    Check me out on YouTube I have atv videos.
  3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have SCUBA videos?
  4. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

No lol it's a nickname my friends gave me from the movie bid daddy with Adam sandler
  5. rtreads

rtreads Junior Member
    from Denver

I have used a SnowEx tailgate spreader before. These as a matter of fact:

I added a hitch receiver hanging under the back rack so the spreader has a hitch to slide in. All they need is 12v to operate. It has a key fob remote for off-low-high settings. Its not too high tech, but it worked really well and could be used in one of our trucks if need be. I took pictures, but I cant find them to post them.

I have one new one left, in the box if you are interested.
  6. honda4ever

honda4ever Junior Member

Spreader Q's

Anyone ever use a SnowEx model # SR-230 on the back of an ATV? Found one locally for $250--just don't know if its too big for a Rancher 420.