1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

British Columbia Snow & Ice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dynatech, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Dynatech

Dynatech Junior Member

Lets here from some of the guys in B.C. and see what you guys are using for equipment and strategies to deal with the volume of snow we get.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Volume of snow & strategies depends on where in the province your at, Vancouver boys deal with it alot diff then us.

3. Dynatech

Dynatech Junior Member

True, up in the Peace Region area the majority of snow removal gear used is graders, skid steers, backhoes with blades and wheel loaders... Don't see a lot of pickup blades being used commercially... Our average snow fall is usually 4-12 inches though...

4. Dynatech

Dynatech Junior Member

Average driveway

image.jpg

5. Dynatech

Dynatech Junior Member

Has anyone used a Rezloh cutting edge for ice removal with any success?

6. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

is that a "comb" edge? or a serated some call it, I personaly never heard of it. What it for? loader? truck plow?

7. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Looks like it will break up ice but how is it for clean up with the teeth I seems like it would leave trails.

8. eludemann

eludemann Member

I used mine to move frozen piles last year. It doesn't get under the frozen stuff very well, and I noticed that it scratched the asphalt. My edge is fairly new, if that helps.