1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bring on the snow, I'm ready for it

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jp7220, Jan 3, 2004.

1. jp7220

jp7220 Junior Member
    from NWIL

Got the blower thrown on a tractor this evening, ready to tackle this 5-10" of blowing snow that we are to get. Half inch down so far.

Plows don't work for us, gotta move the snow up and over the fences to clear our lane and cattle pens so they don't drift back shut. Only way to do this is with a blower or loader.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will put up a few of it in operation tomorrow night. It is fun to use 190hp to move snow as far as you want.

2. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Is it a PITA to drive backwards all the time? Maybe a PITN (neck)? :rolleyes:

3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Originally posted by badranman
    I have an older tractor with a blower that I use as well, yes it is a PITN to drive backwards all the time. A front mounted blower would be much better. I don't mind blowing snow in reverse though, as long as it gets the job done. It's worth the PITN to once you see the finished product. My driveway is about 2000ft long and drifts alot. The tractor and blower leave a finished product like no plow ever could so again it's worth the PITN IMO.

4. jp7220

jp7220 Junior Member
    from NWIL

Na, its not too bad really. If you run it for extended periods of time (staight 2-3 hour stretch) you may get a sore lower back, but its tolerable. Part of that may be that I am more of a younger guy, just a bit more flexibility.

As for where this thing gets used, here is a typical pen that we have to blow out. So far the tractor/blower has stayed in the shed as the wind has been directly out of the north (drifts don't bother us in this direction). It is supposed to switch to the west later tonight, if thats the case I'll be blowing quite a bit tomorrow as the lane and pens fill up pretty good. As you can tell, not many options for snow removal in these smaller, fenced in areas of dirt other then a blower.

p1030015.jpg

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Kool Picture !! :nod:

6. Radguy

Radguy Member

HAHA Better than a PITB (back) from shoveling:waving:

7. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

That should be a money maker in a Blizzard situation.

8. jp7220

jp7220 Junior Member
    from NWIL

Ran her yesterday morning for a bit, got the upper lane and yard opened up before the sun came up. After chores ran it another hour or so, got lucky and didn't have to touch the pens. This storm was a bust as far as I was concerned, didn't really get too bad. Didn't have to move much snow, but boy was it cold today.

Sorry for the poor quality rearview picture.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. badranman

badranman Senior Member

I know you said you didn't like driving backwards all that much but must you give your blower the finger? ha ha! :rolleyes: