1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bring it on....

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by benk777, Nov 24, 2009.

1. benk777

benk777 Member

I am officially ready for snow! I had the local powersports place outfit my 2003 Rincon with the following:

60" Cycle Country State Plow
    Warn 2500 XT Winch
    26" ITP Terracross Radials on 12" ITP Delta Rims
    Hand and Thumb Warmers
    Moose Hand Mitts
    Backup Light
    Replace HMF Exhaust with Stock Exhaust (so much quieter!)

Attached are some crappy cell phone pics. Let me know your thoughts. I can't wait for the first snow! I just know I'll get laughed at when I'm using the Rincon to plow 1" of snow...but why not?

Thanks for all the help.

Ben

Plowsite01.JPG

Plowsite04.JPG

Plowsite08.JPG

Plowsite10.JPG

Plowsite11.JPG

2. benk777

benk777 Member

Here is a close up of the rim and tire.

Thanks.

Ben

Plowsite12.JPG

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice set up. It should work good this winter.

4. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

very cool, the tires are awesome, let her warm up real good

5. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

Nice. I have a friend who has the same plow and is very happy with it

6. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

did you get a good deal at the dealer or something? I only ask cause usually parts are always marked up at the dealers...I dont know if you work on your own stuff or not, I do and save myself tons of money by installing myself. I understand not everyone has the spare time, or know how, just curious because it always makes me kringe everytime I hear someone has the dealer do installs on aftermarket parts...labor is a rip off, parts are a rip off....IMO and my experience I have always made out better purchasing through online stores (rockymountainatv.com, motosport.com etc). I usually check the dealers prices first, then find it online in about 10 to 15 minutes cheaper!...good luck with the set-up, looks sharp and hopefully it works good for you...happy plowing

7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Firstly Ben, awsome wheeler. I was going to comment earlier when you were looking at it, but that is an extremely clean machine for an 03. I've got the same exact machine, as well as my brother & best friend. They've been borderline flawless when it comes to reliability.

I couldn't agree more. The carbed Rincons are generally really cold-blooded. The fact that the tranny & engine shares the same oil makes it worse. All three of us switched to Amsoil 0W-40W synthetic & have found far better results. My friends was so bad when he got it that the he could be riding for an hour or 2, & when he went thru some water, it would kick out. It was a real PITA winching him out of the water all the time. He had it in several times with very little improvement until he ended up switching the oil. I would serious ponder changing the oil over if you're going to plow with it this winter. Best of luck.:drinkup:

8. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Very nice! Is the back up light on a switch or does it come on when you put in in Reverse. I run Rotella T synthetic in mine. I know it isn't an atv/motorcycle oil. BUT, it doesn't have any friction modifiers that mess with the Rincon tranny.

9. benk777

benk777 Member

Thanks for the replies. The backup light is on a switch, and once switched is constant. I will also be ordering the recommended Amsoil, along with a platic wear bar.

Ben

10. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Benk the weather was suppose to drop 3" tonight in SW Wisconsin but now there backed off to 1/2" maybe. oh well I don't know what they had in store for your area but was hoping you'd get some snow to go out and play with. You can go out and push leaves around though for practice. I did that this last Saturday pushed up a pile of leaves and then fired up the mower and ground the leaves up.

LOL
    sublime out.

11. jomama45

Fleet & Farm, Farm & Fleet should carry it also.

12. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i went in for that described what happened they charged me 156.00 to basically change my oil, still does it now and then, still better than a belt imo

13. jomama45

I agree, although many others seem to like belt drives.

14. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

When you add oil, get the level just above the full line. I mean a very small amount above. You can also get Mobil 1 racing 4t, that is another good option for oil.

15. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Yup, bring it on, I'm ready. All that is left to do is put the blade on the red ATV and put tire chains on the tractor.
    [​IMG]

16. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Rep
    have you used your blower at all this year?

just wondering how its doing for you

17. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I have only used it a little last Thursday morning. The snow that slide off the roof had frozen in place enough the ATV wouldn't move it so I used the blower which worked fine. But that wasn't much of a test.

We have had quite a bit of cold weather but very little snow. It has been down in the single digits several times, 11 deg. this morning. I am sure there will be plenty of time to use it later in the season.

18. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Great looking setup. I think you're going to like those TerraCross tires for plowing.

19. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I love those tires. Very nice quad good luck with it!:drinkup:

20. benk777

benk777 Member

Finally!!! 10-15" of snow to fall within the next 24 hours! Lets see what this baby will do. I plan on plowing when I get home around 7, and then again in the morning before leaving for work. Should be fun.

Ben