1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bring back Snoway poll

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sandbrew, Jan 27, 2010.

Should Snoway threads return?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2010.
  1. Yes

59 vote(s)
  2. No

15 vote(s)
  1. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

I figured this would be a way to let the users of this site have a voice and let the higher ups at Snoway see the results

Pretty simple.....even caveman or snowplow driver can figure it out.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Sno-way will come back if people stop BASHING them.
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I don't own a Sno-Way but I have read plenty of threads about them and I feel it is not Bashing as much as Constructive Criticism coming from contractors that use there equipment in real life scenarios day in and day out. The purpose is to create a quality product that will stand up to the hard tough winters and constant wear and tear. If Sno-Way canceled there advertisements and sponsorships on Plowsite do the fact that people were not praising there equipments quality and reliability then they need to close shop. Obviously they have issues with there product and these fine gentlemen are pointing them out to them. I mean look at Meyer. I run them and have issues sometimes, but they still make me money, but on Plowsite they are the El diablo of plow manufacturers and you dont see them pulling out at the first sign of unhappy customers. Just from a Marketing standpoint there non existence on this site is just hurting there bottom line. And the ability to get customer support through this means of communication would help reassure their existing customer base to stay with them in the future. If Sno-Way does not see the signs of their bad business practices who cares if they fade away in the market.
  4. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed. Post your beef and move on. Bashing the same thing over & over everyday does not accomplish anything. Theres people bashing the ***** out of them that have never owned a snoway. I had words with a member here over the weekend in a thread thats now locked. I regret some of the things i said and when he reads this he will find my apology. Bottom line on that, he sold his problem snoway & recovered most of his money, time for him to let it go. I plow for a living, i run snoways, the forum is an asset for me as i have a family to support.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I think that if you have a problem with snoway, instead of bashing them on a public forum, mabe you should try dealing with them direct in a pro-manner! :nod: Rather than whinning like a baby, go settle the issue with them instead. It works most times. ;)
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

They should consider the forums a source of R&D. If people are having issue's here and posting about them- take the notes and see if the problem is occuring consistantly at the dealerships. If so, you have an issue that needs to be fixed. A Computer program can only test so much and real people will discover problems that will need to be addressed.

They do not need to answer the forums nor even look at them. Removing the entire section is dumb IMO along with the sponsoring.
  7. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

I just emailed this....

Mr. Terry Wendorff

President Sno-Way International

John LXXX

Conifer CO Sno-Way customer

Hello Mr. Wendorf –

I am a satisfied and dedicated Sno-Way customer. I am writing you today, to call your attention to an issue in which I feel your company has made a grave error in judgment. I will try to brief in describing the issue. In the snowplowing community there is a great web-base resource and research tool known as Plowsite www.plowsite.com The site has over 43500 registered members and is a great tool used for consumers, dealers and manufactures. In the past few days Sno- Way has asked to have all threads about their plows to be removed and their Sponsorship links deleted.

This documented here http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=97579 and I quote from a post of the Manager of Plowsite

“their forum has been deactivated for now, per their request “

Michael J. Donovan
    Manager of PlowSite.com

While I am not sure what caused such a knee-jerk reaction but I assure you removing all Sno-Way threads is not the answer. As a customer who purchased one of your plows based solely on research found on the Plowsite I very disappointed in Snoway's decision to make that request, and in Plowsite's decision to appease honor it. I do not know what the reasoning behind the decision was but it was a great dis-service to those of us who have used Plowsite to network about Sno-Way products, including solving problems and directing others to dealers to purchase the products that I/we believe in. I am still a stalwart supporter of Snoway's plows.

I appreciate your time in this matter and I hope Sno-Way decides to become a part of Plowsite again.

John LXXX

Loyal Sno-Way Customer

1994 Jeep Wrangler I-6 5spd Sno-Way 6'8' with downpresure. Conifer Mountain Colorado Average snowfall 180 inches per year.
  8. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

As I have stated before, I am very happy with my current SnoWay unit. So much so, that I intended on all future equipment purchases to be SnoWay as well, that is until my trusted local dealer closed up, then I really learned quickly how SnoWay now handles their dealers. I am now so put off by all of this, first they completely change the way they do business, then they pull one of the greatest resources for tech info & support! Thankfully I have found a great local dealer, however they flat out refuse to have anything to do with SnoWay, therefore all of my future purchases will be of Western products through this dealer. If you ask me, Snoway had great products then began to shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly. They need to realize that many contractors were very unsatisfied with an inferior, trouble-ridden product that needed major attention. They did not give it enough attention to it to satisfy these customers, instead they let the bad situation grow out of control. To be quite frank, I would not be surprised to see them go under.
  9. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I am on my second Snoway plow.... Really love them, and have had decent dealer support. I current run a 29 with the Stainless steel skin. I really don't get the direction they have headed. SO I have no plan to replace my plow anytime soon but when I do I will have to really look at what I am doing. Love the down pressure. But by then others will probably be offering it as well.
  10. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Well I was upset with things a few times but my plow did not ever quit working yet. I dont like the techs remarks on how hack my plow up sometimes when they are working on things but I will say it is agreat V plow and I will be adding another to the fleet for next season. I do call the tech and most of the time the outcome is a great resource in which I do try and post here when i can. I am sorry for the way I did get when I was not satisfied but as far as bashing I do not really think it was that as much as a vent and crticism for what can be with us the testers a reallt great plow. Lets face it their concepts are the pretty awesome we just need to get them perfected anyway we can. Again I really think SW should reconsider their pull out and think of their customers that are still with them and believe them and their products. We need the help here.
  11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i feel like SNOWAY used this site as a great promotional tool for their new blades and only turned on plowsite when there products were not working as should and the feedback became negative. The way it is now i feel like snoway loses out as anyone that comes here for info on a certain product can find pretty much whatever they need (besides snoway). Things could have been handled differently on many fronts and i think snoway comes out looking poor in this community. JMO
  12. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

17 years ago my dad bought a meyer, replaced that with a western 2 years later. The next season my dad bought a sno-way. For the last 14 years we've owned 3 snoways the we just scrapped the oldest 14 years old. never had to replace a motor. Just a few hoses. When I found plowsite I was happy to see that Snoway had a thread. For the last 2 years I've never had to go to the dealer to fix a problem just search plowsite and I can fix it myself. I wish they would bring it back.
  13. awhauling

awhauling Junior Member

Hello, I recently posted my new sno way rev megablade on the sno way thread. I was suprised to see that the sno way forum was pulled. I have read all the responses to why but still dont understand. I currently have 2 sno ways 1 western and 1 meyer in my fleet and could bash all 3 manufactures for different reasons. Bottom line is everyone has to understand that I think that all of us depend on our equipment to keep food on the table. I have been pushing almost since I could drive (almost 20 years) with I believe most manufactures. I have had excellent luck with all my equipment, but also take care of it. I have found that almost all people that openly express negitive comments consistantly are more than likley not worth listing to. I also express problems but with an open mind to accept suggestions to correct the issues. Some blades are designed for specific applications as well as the equipment you put them on, so with that said I would like to see some more open minded positive attitudes here, after all we are all out for one goal in mind, to make as much $$$ every time those white dollars fall from the sky! Thank you everyone for your input over the years most of it has been very helpful!
  14. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

Here's an update.

I'm very impressed a recieved an email back from Sno-Way President Terry Wendorff himself!

He said this was not a decision made lightly. He also said they had asked for some thing to change on Plowsite and I'm guessing that did not happen since they asked to be removed. He is hopping that they will have more conversations with Plowsite and that they will go back on Plowsite to serve their customers.

15. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I think it was the part about your average snowfall that got his attention.
  16. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

What about my average snowfall? that seemes to get attention lol
  17. toyfarm

toyfarm Junior Member

I guess it will be ok to put my first post in this thread? I have owned 2 Meyer, 1 Fisher, 1 Western, 1 Hiniker and just bought my first Sno-way tonight! I am not a commercial plower, but have done so in the past! After coming here to find info on the plow i just bought, I must admit that i have gotten cold feet about picking up the plow tomorrow!

It gives me a bad feeling to come on here and not get ANY info! I, as I assume other plowers can read past any negative post, and usually find the truth somewhere in the middle, but when there is NO info, one can only assume that SnoWay is substandard, and not worthy of being on Plowsite! I hope I don't regret buying this plow, as with most people, I have found things I didn't like about every plow purchase in the past, but learn to work past their faults!
  18. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Not much to say about their decision...too bad though. I got the chance to run one of their plows on a commercial site for a few hours and was impressed. Nothing in our fleet scrapes better, except maybe a skiddy.
  19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

SOLONDRIFTER Junior Member

I submitted a request to join the group. Went to the site, couldn't see where to leave a comment. I've used Snoway for about 6 years, have supported them on these forums.
    BUT now I have a problem. ST series on an S10. Finally got it mounted by modifying a Tacoma mount. When I bought it used a few weeks ago it all worked. Now, nothing. 12 volts coming to the unit. Only about 4.9 volts coming to the controller. The controller lights are dim, the plow does nothing, motor doesn't run. Even when I "jump" the solenoid. The motor makes no noise. The 2 fuses under the cover are good. Help.