1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

brinemakerpumps- alternatives to pacer s series?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by panduro, May 6, 2014.

1. panduro

panduro Junior Member

Hey guys,

run a small janitor service company, most jobs include everything from heat, to grass, cleaning and also snow and ice removal.

for my snow and ice i have 3 small tractors with rotary brooms and went from bag salt to salene spraying last year on one of them.
    i liked my results so i would like to do make a brine maker(highly inspired by kubota's small design, prob more stealing than designing).

i live in denmark europe and can find a pacer or banjo pump at a decent price.
    price plus shipping and vat.

uk seller pacer 200p hydraulic 875$
    danish seller 1300$
    can find same unit in the states at 520$

i don't want to pay that much when its not product cost, but customs and shipping cost :(

do you guys know of any european companies that makes similar pumps?

best regards

panduro

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Lot of different type pumps you can use as an alternative, like a large sump pump, hydraulic driven, or most centrifugal pumps? I use the Pacer or Banjo because cost to volume is really cheap here. I pay about $300 USD for a 2" pacer w/briggs and stratton gas engine.

As far as a cheap source over your side of the globe.....nope.

Borrow from the design all you want, just remember making changes to it MIGHT effect the performance.

3. panduro

panduro Junior Member

Hi Kubota and thanks a lot for answering my question :)

i know it might effect the performance, thats life :)

i will fiund a sutable pump.

best regards

panduro