1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brinemaker - 400 Gallons per Hour

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Kubota 8540, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Brinemaker - 400 Gallons per Hour..............Works Perfectly.............. $850.00

I have used this unit all season to make salt brine. I have made approx 6,500 gallons this year. It was first set up with a 2" gas engine then changed over to a 2" Pacer poly pump, love joy coupled to a Leeson 5 hp 220 volt 1 phase electric (compressor duty) motor. It will plug into a standard 220 volt welder receptacle. I have used it to make approx. 3,000 gallons since the new electric motor/pump was installed.

The motor and pump retails for approx $1,176 dollars. http://www.dultmeier.com/products/0.851.863.1818.2473/1158

Salt brine sells for about .40 / gallon to purchase and if you use this brinemaker you can make it for less than .12 / gallon. Unlike pumping water through salt and washing the fines away then having to empty the container with the undissolved salt. This Brinemaker will dissolve the salt you put into it with nothing left to empty out. I have not had to empty this unit all season. It works like a blender except in place of the blades it uses water pressure and turbulence to dissolve the salt.

This unit can pay for itself in less than 2 days of making brine.

400 gallons per hour is based on the fact that my water supply is capable of only 10 gallons per minute. If your water supply exceeds 10 gallon per minute you could make more per hour.

If you were to make (1) 400 gallon batch of brine (1 hour) per day for 7 days, you would have easily made 2,800 gallons in one week. Spend 1 day making brine and you can easily make 2,400 gallons.

Brine1.jpg Brine2.jpg

Brine 3.jpg Brine 4.jpg

I have used Morton bag solar salt and bulk salt from Cargil to make brine. The Morton bag solar salt seems to dissolve quicker, but is pricier than bulk salt. This setup measures 48" deep x 96" long x 63" tall approx.

Brine 4.jpg

Brine 3.jpg

Brine2.jpg

Brine1.jpg

2. hiranger

hiranger Member

Kubota,

Selling this brinemaker to make room for the "real big" brinemaker huh?
    Anyone interested in brinemaking should consider this unit. Kubota knows what he is doing. If I was moved in my new building I would buy the brinemaker.
    Good luck with the sale. I think our winter is just about over.

3. Kubota 8540

Yes time to upgrade. If it doesn't sell, it will still be for sale next fall. I doubt I will disassemble it, it works so well. Didn't have plans to make brine for any one other than myself when I built this one. Also nice to keep the cash coming in between storms by selling some brine. By accident, a small side venture has already placed an order for brine next winter. Between the amount I use and what I need to be able to produce for others, it's time to go 2 1/2 times larger. I'm planning on making a 1,000 gallon unit with a 3" pump because this one paid for it self in such a short period of time.

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Bring it out my way. Keep the electric pump. So seeing as it costs 1100 for the pump and motor and your asking $800 I should get it for free right since I don't need that stuff? SOLD. :)

5. Kubota 8540

Just for you it would only cost $1,400 without the motor and pump delivered. LOL . How about all you rich Canadians bring a bunch of money down here and leave it here.?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  6. Grassman09

Yea no kidding eh.

7. Kubota 8540

Only 750 miles, great Brinemaker.!!!

8. Grassman09

Yeah just not up for the price. I'll just copy yours I can get the totes cheap all day long.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  9. Kubota 8540

Make some Brine ????

10. Grassman09

Not yet my cucumbers are not ready to plant yet. We still get frost at night.

11. Kubota 8540

Gas or Electric?

Anyone? How about the Brinemaker with the gas engine/2" Pump for $500? Brinemaker with both gas engine and electric for $1,000? Use it portable or at the shop?
    Grassman when your ready to make brine out of those cucumbers bring them down and this is the setup that will do it.!

12. Grassman09

I prefer the chocolate chip cookie mix :)

13. Kubota 8540

Brine?...........

14. Grassman09

Might wanna try Alberta. Free Bump.

15. Kubota 8540

Bump up a few pages.....

16. Kubota 8540

Still For Sale.....