1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brine Vendors & Opinion

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by redman6565, Oct 7, 2008.

1. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

Just picked up another 8-ton Salter and it already came with the tanks and set up for the brine spray. Anyone know of any brine vendors in the western NY area? Any opinions on how well the product works?

2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I have a number for a supplier over by erie pa. Dont know if that is close. I will post it tomorrow when i am at the office. Will be trying out a well brine this winter from a supplier in ohio.

3. redman6565

ok thanks, i'd appreciate whatever help i can get.

4. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Company name is Seneca 1 800 291-9222. I believe the mans name is sherman.

5. redman6565

ok thanks.

6. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

no problem - i hope he is close,

7. DKG

DKG Senior Member

Have you ever thought about making your own brine? Remember liquids are 70-77% water, why pay trucking on water?

8. redman6565

No I guess I haven't but i would need to speak to someone that did know how to make it...do you know how to?

9. DKG

DKG Senior Member

Basicly filter water through salt. A small and simple brine maker can be made using a 5 gallon pail. Place the end of a garden hose at the bottom of the pail, fill the pail with salt. Turn the garden hose on slightly. The liquid that will flow over the top of the pail will be 23% salt brine. Make sure not to add the water too quickly. I made a bigger one using a 45 gallon plastic drum with a filter attached on the side close to the top. Hope this helps. Good luck.

10. redman6565

well its definately a start. ill let you know how it goes...