1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brighton, MI ... 1/2 Mile 2 Lane Rd. 4 Season

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Lynch & Sons Landscaping LLC, Oct 9, 2006.

1. I got a call today for a quote on a subdivision in Brighton. It is a small private one. 1/2Mile of 2 Lane Rd. in a large U shape. They would like a Seasonal Price. Salt will be on a per call basis as they prefer not to salt unless absolutely neccesary.

Help me out please!

The driveways will be individual contracts billed seperately for any that our interested, and I can bid those on my own.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    Lynch & Sons Landscaping LLC

06 F350
    8.2 Boss V-Plow

2. Please Help

I would appreciate any help on this!... I know it's not complicated, but I could use assistance. I am fairly new to plowing and have been doing & bidding almost entirely residential driveways. This seems like a good opportunity, however I wish to give a fair bid to get the job but I do not want to be the low-baller that is bringing down prices in the area either.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  3. john0013

john0013 Junior Member

answer hope its not to late!

I live in howell mi very close to brighton and do a lot of work in the area I'm sure I;ve seen your trucks around the name sounds framiliar.To help with your question I do most of my streets for about $250-$200 per push which are about 3/4 to 1 mile long salting about $125-$135 per ton.I think a good seasonal price for the plowing only is $1500 to $2000,but the way this winter has started with 2 massive snow falls who knows?I like to give my customers a per push price when possible so they can get what they pay for its not such a gamble for you or them.keep in mind in michigan typically you are going to make your money on salting so even if your plowing prices are a little low you should make some good money on salting.Hope this helps e-mail me any other questions.

jwilsonservice@aol.com

4. TheXpress2002

TheXpress2002 2000 Club Member
    from Canton

Let me break down one of my contracts for you:

1.5 miles worth of roadway 2 lanes with some shoulder.

I make 4 passes with a 8.2 BOSS V-Blade

1.5 X 4 = 6 driving miles

1 - 2.9 inches $400.00

3.0 - 5.9 inches $550.00

6 - 10 inches $650.00

(small mistake- did not think I needed another bracket over 10") :eek: seeing that the 2 times I pushed so far this year at this property has been 11.5 and 12.2 inches

Hope this helps

5. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Jobs only worth about 100 bucks if that. Roads go cheap and are easy. Its a long driveway for all intents and purposes. No more than a half hours work.

Bid it at 150 up to 4, 225 up to 8, and 300 up to 12 and IF you get it youll make a ton of money on that one.

Bid it for 400 and youll never get it. Not even close.

6. TheXpress2002

TheXpress2002 2000 Club Member
    from Canton

I wasn't telling him to bid it at $400 I bid my 1.5 mile stretch at $400, his is only .5 mile I would hope he wouldn't bid .5 mile at $400

I was just showing him my set-up

7. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

ahhh. My bad. sorry.