1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brightest "legal" headlights in Ohio

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Easy, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Easy

Easy Senior Member

What are the brightest "legal" headlights that will fit the Curtis Sno-Pro 3000??
  2. dbreault

dbreault Member

Oh boy that's a tough one. I guess it would really depend on your local laws and what is allowed. That is a sealed beam headlight and I believe there are only a couple of options when it comes to ultra-white lights on those. We have been tossing around some idea's for a headlight upgrade on our plow systems. The only major hurdle is all of the D.O.T. regulations when it comes to vehicle lighting. Our lights get as scrutinized as the factory lights on your truck even though they are really only used during poor weather conditions!

If anyone has any luck on this please chime in :help: .
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I know I dont have a Curtis, but we both live in NE ohio Easy. I have Sylvania Silverstars in my nite sabres on my meyer. Those are the brightest lights I know of. And I am pretty sure they also make a sealed beam silverstar as well. I have been running silverstars for 4 years and no one ,cop, state boy, etc has said anything or stopped me.
  4. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I am going to try them when I get to the parts store. I was in Wickliffe last night and you guys have about 25% of the snow we have here. Just move east and get buried with the rest of us.
  5. syberdogpa

syberdogpa Junior Member